These DEXA results continue a 3-year trend to reverse a 20--year record of losing bone. I attribute the success mainly to the weekly challenge of the biodensity machine, where for 10 seconds I leg press with a force of 1100 pounds and lift with a force of 376 pounds - something I would never try in a gym. Thanks to Dr. Perry Cammisa and his colleagues for developing and researching the biodensity machine and other elements of the B-Strong 4 Life program.
Also part of my overall strategy to build bone is the following:
- Calcium-rich foods, including kefir, bok choy, string cheese, leafy greens, nuts
- Vitamin D, magnesium, Vitamin K (alfalfa), boron, calcium, collagen and multi-vitamin supplements
- Regular, weight-bearing exercise, including body-weight exercises like push-ups, strength training, walking with a backpack, dancing, yoga and yard work
- Adequate sleep
- Bio-identical hormone replacement therapy
- Gaining bone density in the spine seems difficult - but I'll begin a renewed effort to target that area, with a rowing machine, squats, back extensions, the "superman" exercise, and more.